Car accidents are common and usually result in physical injury. An examination by your doctor and physical therapy treatment is an important part of recovery.
Car accidents are common and frequently result in some type of injury.
A traffic accident study complied by Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) reported that in 2016 the total number of reported collisions were 29,006 and of those accidents, 5,760 resulted in injuries. Whether you were the driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian, the aftermath of a car accident can leave you in pain and in need of physical therapy to reduce symptoms.
Important Things to Consider after a Car Accident
- It isn’t only the driver who sustains injuries, often passenger, pedestrian or cyclist involved also end up with some type of injury
- Injuries can be either major or minor but all usually require a follow-up or medical assessment
- Symptoms of car accident injuries can be delayed which is why it is important to seek medical attention from your doctor regardless of how you feel
- If you have sustained an injury most insurance companies will require you to have an assessment done by a reputable physical therapist prior to approving any sort of treatment plan
- Insurance companies will often require a doctor’s referral in order to reimburse you
- Studies suggest that seeking therapeutic intervention helps with pain symptom and aides in the recovery process
- It is common to experience headaches, stiffness, pain and reduced range of motion following a car accident
Car Accident Related Injuries
- Whiplash Associated Disorder (WAD) *neck & head injury
- Shoulder pain (stiffness)
- Back pain
- Abdominal or pelvic pain
- Leg or Knee injuries from impact or crash
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) from the trauma of being involved in the accident
If your injuries are left untreated symptoms can turn into chronic pain, risk of re-injury, mobility issues and difficulty participating in activities of daily living. At Bourassa & Associates, our university trained physical therapists have been helping clients with their car accident injuries for over 30 years! After a thorough examination and detailed assessment of your injuries our physical therapists will design a treatment plan tailored to your injury which can include but is not limited to:
- Pain relieving electrical, light or ultrasound therapy
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Dry needling
- Manual Therapy
- Stretching to improve range of motion
- Exercises to regain mobility
Don’t Wait! Book Your Assessment Today!
At Bourassa & Associates, we understand that it is imperative to seek treatment as soon as possible following a car accident to improve your chances of returning to your normal daily activities of work, sports or hobbies. You can get started with one of our university trained physical therapists right away, no doctor’s referral needed. Book an assessment online or contact a location nearest you.
Many clients have shown concern about the costs of rehabilitation post car accident. Visit our Fees page to learn about our treatment fees and transparency policy and how you might be covered by insurance.
Let us use our 30 years of experience to assess and treat your car accident injuries!
While you do not NEED a doctor’s referral to visit a physical therapist, insurance companies will often require a doctor’s referral in order to reimburse you.