During this unprecedented time, the practice of physical therapy has been compromised due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Telehealth appointments are a safe way to address most physical injuries and conditions.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is a means of delivering health care services and education through interactive video conferencing. Telehealth enables you to 'visit' us from your home without having to travel to our clinic.
- Telehealth is not for everyone
- Telehealth is not for every injury/condition
- Telehealth is not a replacement for traditional hands-on therapy/rehabilitation
- Bourassa & Associates Rehabilitation Centre is committed to the safe and appropriate use of telehealth
- Our Telehealth system is HIPAA compliant and uses secure, end-to-end encryption
- Telehealth is a substitution for care during the COVID-19 pandemic
- A computer or mobile device with a camera and microphone
- A reliable internet connection
- An appointment with one of our university-trained therapists
How It Works
In order to use our Telehealth services, we require you to agree to consent before beginning EACH telehealth session.
- Before your appointment, review the assessment consent form or the follow-up consent form (do not print or fill out ahead of time)
- During your appointment, your therapist will review the consent form with you and collect your consent via an on-screen chat window.
- After consent is collected, your telehealth appointment will proceed as planned.