Skip to content
Job Demands Analysis
- Conducted by an Occupational Therapist, this service involves the analysis of a specific job based on the needs of the employer. It entails a pre-assessment consultation with the employer to identify the needs of the analysis. The analysis generally takes 2-4 hours per job to complete. A report is generated outlining the objective physical demands. The job is classified according to the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT) descriptors as well as other critical information relating to the frequency of postural and material handling demands.
- When a worker is encountering physical difficulties related to a specific workstation or when an injured worker is returning to the workplace and needs workstation modifications.
- When an employer has identified a specific workstation with a high incidence of injuries and is seeking recommendations to improve the workstation.
- When an employer is looking to prevent injury situations by creating worker friendly workstations.
- The ergonomic evaluation typically involves a pre-assessment consultation with the employer and/or worker to identify the specific needs of the evaluation. The evaluation typically lasts 1 hour and is conducted by an Occupational Therapist or qualified Physical Therapist. A report is generated that outlines the ergonomic deficiencies and recommendations to correct the problems.
Injury Prevention Training and Education Programs
- Provides employers and employees with education regarding relevant human anatomy relating to common industrial injuries, general body mechanics principles, ergonomics, warm up to work exercise instruction, and common injuries that occur in the workplace.Information presented is tailored to the specific needs and design of the workplace.
- Information presented is tailored to the specific needs and design of the workplace.Includes an initial meeting with the employer to identify areas and issues targeted for education.
- Includes an initial meeting with the employer to identify areas and issues targeted for education.
- Customized education programs are facilitated through the use of digital photography and videography. Images are taken of the workplace with an emphasis on areas of concern. Digital images are integrated into an interactive visual presentation that is presented to the audience. Concepts are put into practice as they are graphically illustrated utilizing images of the worker’s performing their duties. Allowing workers to view themselves as part of the educational process maximizes audience participation and acceptance.
Post-Offer/Pre-Placement Essential Functions Assessment
- The process of determining if an individual has the ability to perform the physical requirements of a specific job. This injury prevention tool ensures that a match occurs between the worker and the work in a non-discriminatory manner. This process allows employers to make hiring decisions in a legal, fair and non-discriminatory way. It is an accurate, cost-effective, and most importantly objective method to prevent future work injury. This process meets the requirements of labour standards, human rights and accommodation legislation.