A bike ride can be the perfect stress relief after a busy day or a nice leisurely family activity over the weekend. For some people, riding a bike is their preferred mode of transportation. It can also be a source of pain and frustration if you are experiencing knee pain.
Are you no longer enjoying your bike rides? Do you feel limited in participating in activities you normally love? Don’t let knee pain get in the way of doing activities you enjoy or spending quality time with your family.
Facts on Knee Pain
- Knee pain can be localized or diffused throughout the knee.
- Knee pain can be severe and limiting or just a chronic hindrance to daily activity.
- Knee pain affects bony structures (i.e., your femur, tibia, or fibula) and if left untreated can compromise the knee joint, kneecap, ligaments and cartilage.
- Knee pain causes physical restrictions that can be irritated by exercise and movement.
Knee Pain Symptoms & Treatment
Symptoms can include any of the following:
- Redness in your knee or warm to the touch
- Hearing popping or crunching noises when doing activities
- Feeling weak or unstable when using your knee
- Knee buckling or locking
- Inability to fully straighten your leg
- Pain when you bend or straighten your knee
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms book an assessment today to reduce your pain, progress your function, improve your recovery and prevent future injury. A physical assessment by one of our university trained physical therapists at Bourassa & Associates Rehabilitation Centre can determine the underlying cause of your pain/injury. Once the cause of your pain is diagnosed, we will design a tailored treatment plan to get you feeling better and back to doing the activities you love.
Book Your Treatment & Start Today!
With over 30 years of experience and 19 clinics across Saskatchewan, you can get started the same day you call, no doctor’s referral needed. Find a clinic nearest you or contact us directly to book an appointment today. Bourassa & Associates won’t let pain keep you from doing the things you love!