Shoulder pain is hard to live with. Aside from the pain, it can limit your ability to do simple activities like reaching for an item or lifting an object. It can also prevent you from participating in activities with your family (like lifting a child), playing sports (throwing, swinging, or swimming) and from having a proper night’s sleep.
Facts on Shoulder Pain
- The shoulder joint is a very mobile and functional joint with little stability making it vulnerable to injury.
- Common shoulder pain conditions include frozen shoulder, shoulder bursitis, shoulder impingement, shoulder tendonitis, rotator cuff or shoulder tendon tears.
Shoulder Pain Symptoms
- Stiff or painful shoulder
- Limited shoulder range of motion
- Difficulty performing activities of daily living (i.e., getting dressed, completing morning hygiene, driving, working, playing with the kids, or sleeping).
Cause & Treatment
Studies show that the sooner you seek treatment for your shoulder pain the sooner you will feel better. A physical examination and assessment of your shoulder by a Bourassa & Associates university trained physical therapist can help determine the underlying cause. We will then work as a team to design a tailored treatment plan that can include but is not limited to:
- Exercises to increase range of motion and function
- Pain relieving electrical, light or ultrasound therapy
- Joint mobilization
- Physiotherapy exercises increase shoulder strength, rotator cuff strength, and scapular stability
- Stretching programs to help manage pain
- Supportive kinesiology taping
- Education on how to avoid future injury to the joint
- Dry Needling
Book Your Treatment & Start TODAY!
Don’t rely on painkillers to treat shoulder pain. Seeing a physiotherapist at the onset of shoulder pain has been proved to speed up recovery and also prevent the problem from reoccurring. At Bourassa & Associates, you can get started the same day you call, no doctor’s referral needed. Find a clinic near you to book your appointment today.
With 30 years of experience we can help you recover from shoulder pain quickly! Because you shouldn’t be limited from doing the things you love.