Your feet are an extremely important part of your life because they get you around. It is easy to take for granted the important function of your feet until you injure them. Foot pain and injuries can leave you incapacitated which is frustrating. According to the Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine (CFPM),
“In a typical day, the average person spends about 4 hours on their feet and takes between 8,000 and 10,000 steps.”
With approximately 75% of Canadians experiencing foot health issues at some point in their lives it is important to pay attention to the cues and symptoms your feet might be sending you.
Foot Pain Facts
- Foot pain and injury is extremely common
- The source of foot pain can be due to muscles, ligaments, bones or joints in the foot
- Foot pain can be an indication of problems in other areas of the body such as the lower back or systemic diseases
- Structural problems of the feet can cause the hip and lower back problems
- Corns and calluses can be an indication of foot problems
Foot Pain Causes & Treatment
Your foot contains 26 bones, 133 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles which means there are many potential causes of foot pain. Your feet can be a reflection of your overall health and can indicate other conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, nerve or circulatory disorders. Common causes of foot pain include:
- Heel pain or heel spur
- Plantar fasciitis
- Ankle sprains or injuries
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Shin Splints
Bourassa & Associates’ university trained physical therapists can perform an accurate assessment of your foot pain and offer same day appointments so you can quickly resume normal activities of daily living. Our treatment plans include but are not limited to:
- Physiotherapy exercises to increase function
- Pain relieving electrical, light or ultrasound therapy
- Joint mobilization
- Stretching programs to help manage pain
- Education and tips on how to improve your foot health
- Dry Needling
- Lifestyle Modification program to decrease associated systemic diseases
- Orthotics and supportive footwear
Book Your Treatment & Start TODAY!
At Bourassa & Associates, you can get started the same day you call, no doctor’s referral needed. We offer a tailored treatment plan to help you feel better quickly. Find a clinic near you to get started and book your appointment today.
With 30 years of experience we can help you manage your symptoms, improve your quality of life and relieve your pain.