SERVICES / ASSESSMENTS
Standard Functional Capacity Evaluation
- To assess the clientâ€™s current capacities or functional abilities relative to specific job demands of the work place. Can include recommendations to define an appropriate rehabilitation program to improve functional abilities and expedite return to work.
Biomechanical assessment of structural abnormality by physical therapist
Comprehensive functional testing performed by occupational therapist.
Can include comparisons to normative populations to assist with vocational rehabilitation if required.
Performed over two days.
Report summarizing all components with detailed issues and recommendations section if requested by funding agency or individual.
Add on Local Market Analysis
- Integrates data gathered from interest/aptitude testing and job matches to identify employers and job availability within the clientâ€™s community or specified geographical region.
- To assist with case management of individuals with complex presentation of both physical, medical and psychosocial aspects of disability. When the individual would benefit from a high level multidisciplinary assessment approach including, but not limited to psychological and medical specialist consultation.
- Intake interview
Biomechanical assessment of structural abnormality physical therapist and chiropractor input.
General medical assessment by family physician to screen and address
Comprehensive functional testing documenting the clientâ€™s residual capacities performed by a physical or occupational therapist.
Performed over three days (two-day functional testing plus one-day vocational testing sequence).
Report summarizing all components with detailed issues and recommendations section to clearly identify specific jobs the client is able to perform.
Optional Add-on components available to all FCEs
- To ensure correct medical diagnosis ,provides highest level of medical evaluation for specific pathology.
Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2)
- To understand the clientâ€™s psychological functioning as it relates to pain perception, psychosocial issues, psychological functioning and nature of client interpretation of problems. The MMPI-2 is equipped with six validity scales, which inform about the accuracy of the clientâ€™s report of problems in terms of over/under report, defensiveness, or apprehensiveness and acknowledging problems and consistency.
Report is generated and interpreted by registered doctoral (i.e. Ph.D. level) psychologists. Integrated into the overall report
MMPI plus Psychological Interview
- When higher levels of psychosocial issues are suspected to be contributing to decreased functional abilities, interpretation of the MMPI-2 results are strengthened through findings of psychological interview
Functional Rehabilitation Assessment and Consultation Services (FRAC)
- To assess an individual who is struggling to recover to pre-injury work capacity or function.
To provide specialist specific structural abnormality and disability information for adjudication and treatment planning purposes.
- The individual may or may not still be at work and therefore the FRAC is to guide treatment direction when the diagnosis and management is expected to be in a single disciplinary scope.
Report format designed to meet the needs of requesting agency.
- Examination by orthopedic manual physical therapist and Senior Partner, Richard Bourassa. Please see â€œabout usâ€ for Mr. Bourassaâ€™s bio.
Examination by medical specialist, commonly orthopedic surgeon Dr. Jack Reilly.
Report outlining details of each examination and combined impressions and recommendations section.
Report format is designed to meet the needs of the requesting agency.
- Functional Abilities Screening assessment
May be considered in certain circumstances as an add-on to the FRAC assessment. Please call to discuss.
please call for consultation regarding appropriate components to include for your specific case
- To assess an individual who is struggling in various stages of recovery (6-24 weeks) after an injury.
To define an appropriate rehab program to maximize recovery.
To define an appropriate, time frame focused biomechanical care and reactivation program.
- Individual may or may not be at work.
Individual may or may not be receiving treatment.
Commonly occurs between 6-12 weeks post-injury, but can be useful in specific cases with longer chronicity.
If evidence of abnormal symptom behaviour, psychosocial issues and/or high chronicity are impeding recovery, a full psychometric assessment and interview is recommended.
- Medical screening assessment by physician.
Physical therapy assessment
Occupational therapy assessment (functional abilities screening assessment)
Psychosocial screening evaluation (with or without interview) interpreted/conducted by doctoral psychologist.
Full report including detailed impressions and reccomendations section.
- Medical specialist consultation (i.e. orthopedic surgeon, plastic surgeon etc.)
Full psychometric screening evaluation with interview